Hello, Oily Friends!
Just a quick oily note to say, “Hello!!” this week! We hope you are having a great day!! Just a few fun things to share this week…. Enjoy!
#YLTip: Soak up every last drop of oily goodness by putting your empties into a jar filled with plain Epsom salt. Add the salt to your bath for a spa-like experience!
Here are some fun DIY ideas from the Young Living blog! 😃
DIY Lavender Makeup Remover Pads
When it’s time to recover from a long day, it’s best to climb into bed with a fresh face. Scrubbing with ineffective or harsh removers can do more damage than good though, especially near the sensitive eye area where the skin is thinner and more prone to fine lines and irritation.
Instead of harsh makeup removers, opt for gentle DIY makeup remover pads infused with Lavender essential oil. You’ll know exactly what goes into this formula, plus you’ll get the benefits of Lavender’s relaxing aroma. Use the instructions below to add them to your nighttime routine.
DIY Lavender Makeup Remover Pads
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1 tsp castile soap
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 7 drops Lavender essential oil
- Round cotton pads
- 4 ounce airtight glass container
- Label (save and download label by right clicking the image below)
- Pour distilled water in a glass container.
- Add castile soap, witch hazel, coconut oil, and Lavender essential oil.
- Put the lid on the container and shake well to combine all ingredients.
- Take off the lid and insert the cotton pads to the top of the jar or until they stop absorbing liquid.
- Print labels on a sticker sheet or on paper and affix with glue. Place label on container lid.
- To use, remove one wipe and squeeze out excess liquid. Gently blot or wipe over closed eyelids until makeup is removed. Store with the lid tightly screwed.
Don’t want to do it yourself? Try our Makeup Remover Wipes. Designed to gently and effectively remove makeup, these wipes will not only leave your skin clean, but leave you feeling refreshed and soft.
Why use ours?
They work with all skin types: Naturally-derived formulas, plant extracts, and mineral ingredients keep harsh chemicals away from your face, so you can use them with confidence.
Rinseless formula: Our convenient packaging and rinseless formula allow you to wipe and go! Perfect for busy mornings, travel, and more!
No more stinky shoes with this DIY! 😃
So long, stink: DIY shoe odor eliminators
Whether you favor slingbacks or sandals, wingtips or walking shoes, we’re pretty sure there’s one piece of footwear you don’t like sitting in your closet: the dreaded smelly shoe.
Who wants their closet smelling like stinky feet? Not you. So how do you deodorize your shoes without relying on whatever’s in those commercial odor eliminators? We think you know, friend. Tap into the essential side of nature and kick unpleasant odors to the curb! We’ve whipped up recipes for a DIY deodorizer spray and a shoe powder, so you can pick your preference.
DIY shoe odor eliminator spray
2 ounces witch hazel
1 ounce distilled water
30-40 drops essential oil
3-ounce glass spray bottle
1. Add witch hazel and water to the spray bottle. Remember to leave room at the top so that you can add the essential oils. You may not need a full ounce of water.
2. Add 30-40 drops of essential oil. (See our recommendations below.)
3. Put the spray top on and shake well to mix. Add more oil if you want a stronger scent.
How to use
Shake well before each use. Spray the insides of your shoes enough to make them slightly damp, but not enough to soak them. Let the shoes sit for at least 12 hours before wearing them again to ensure that they are completely dry.
YL tip: Mix and match any of our recommended essential oils to suit your sense of smell! This is the recipe we used:
11 drops Purification®
11 drops Eucalyptus Radiata
10 drops Peppermint
5 drops Lemon
DIY shoe odor eliminator powder
¼ cup baking soda
¼ cup arrowroot powder
15 drops essential oil
1 glass jar
1. Combine baking soda and arrowroot powder in a mixing bowl.
2.Once combined, add your essential oil to the mixture. Just like in the spray, you can use any oil combination you like. We love the rich, spicy scent of Thieves® essential oil blend!
3. Stir until there are no clumps.
4. Place mixture into a glass jar with a lid.
How to use: Use a small spoon to sprinkle a dash of powder into your shoes before use.
Essential oils to eliminate shoe odors
Here are some of our favorite super-powered funk-fighters.
- Purification essential oil blend—Scent profile: Clean, invigorating, crisp
- Thieves essential oil blend—Scent profile: Spicy, rich, warm
- Cedarwood essential oil—Scent profile: Woodsy, warm, balanced
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil—Scent profile: Sweet, spicy, comforting
- Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil—Scent profile: Sharp, refreshing, cool
- Kunzea essential oil—Scent profile: Spicy, woodsy, sunny
- Lemon essential oil—Scent profile: Fruity, sweet, bright
- Lemongrass essential oil—Scent profile: Lemony, refreshing, outdoorsy
- Peppermint essential oil—Scent profile: Fresh, cool, clean
- Tea Tree essential oil—Scent profile: Powerful, herbaceous, crisp
Why stop at shoes? Get scent-boosters for great-smelling clothes and find out how to deal with odors from your funky four-legged friends.
Dr. Chris Townsend
Back in Motion Chiropractic
Find us on Facebook, too!! 😃
Young Living Member #1141192
We don’t chase symptoms! We get you healthy!